Monday, April 24, 2006

 

Reservations Made!

Oui oui! So we are definitely goiiiinng. Although technically we could cancel the whole trip 48 hours in advance and not owe anyone anything, but that would be a really stupid idea : )

Recap:
Klamath hostel: Arrive Tuesday, August 22, depart Friday, August 25
Marin hostel: Arrive Friday, August 25, depart Saturday, August 26
Fisherman's Wharf in SFO hostel: Arrive Saturday, August 26, depart Sunday August 27

Just a heads up, total lodging costs will be $108 per person, which you can either pay by credit card, cash, or travelers checks (I don't think the hostels like personal checks, or at least Klamath doesn't). Other expenses will be gas and food (we need to bring all of our food for the first four nights, we can buy our bring while in the city...

More details later...


annie: sweeeeet!! do we really have to bring all our food with us? couldn't we take a small trip one day to get food during our 3 days in klamath? it might be nice to get back in the car and explore the surrounding town a little bit, and besides that's a lot of food to worry about keeping cold on the 7 hour drive up. and would take up a lot of space. but whatever, minor concern ;) (<--you like that, becky??)

aluma: ok, so when exactly am I coming up? and with who's car? (I don't think that I could take my parents...) And how much should I pay (since I'm not going to go to on the first day?). I could probably drive up on friday (depending how far away the marin hotel is from Palo Alto) :-)

Comments:
I get the idea that there isn't much in terms of food around Klamath. Especially hippy Trader Joe's food like I know everyone likes. I have a huge ice chest I know we could use, and I'm sure other people have them too.. Also, the Klamath hostel is CLOSED every day from 10 to 5. However, the woman said that they were putting together a guide to help people figure out good daytime activities and she is going to email that to me in the next few weeks. I also have a packet of info/flyers/brochures etc. that she sent me. Maybe one day we could cook a hot lunch (backpacking style) just for the hell of cooking in the wilderness. That would be pretty sweet. Or actually, to use the favorite word of OTL people around here, that would be pretty bad-ass. ; )
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?